Thursday 14 May 2009

Jesjit Gill!


Last Sunday I went to TCAF for the first time -- that's the Toronto Comic Arts Festival -- and it was a whole mess of comic artists taking over the Toronto Reference Library, a weird & wonderful gathering of talent, including such legends as Chester Brown, Adrian Tomine, Seth, and Yoshihiro Tatsumi.

Seated at a table with long time friends Davis Weir & Fiona Smyth was a guy I had not met previously, whose art made the greatest impression on me of the festival - Jesjit Gill.


Mr. Gill has been screen-printing for about five years now and, not only does he make fantastic screen-printed band posters and artwork (as well as the free Free Drawings newspaper), he teaches other people how to do it as well. Very punk rock & I am happy to say he was a really nice guy too.

Catch his work at the Public Address show on now through June 11th!

Below is some of his work I've nicked from these various sites.








No comments: