Monday 3 March 2008

No No Zero Posters (Part Two)

The Signed By Force CD re-release of our Rough Stuff album begins later this week, and I present to you today a few of the posters for these upcoming shows.

So far as I know, there is no poster for our recently-rescheduled show this Friday, March 7th at the Atria in Oshawa; if I do find one, I'll try and get a scan up here. If you know of one, please let me know.

Saturday, March 8th we're playing our first show out of province, at Club Lambi in Montreal, QC. I've found two posters for this show online, both of which I include below.

First up we have Pat Hamou with a striking sleazy paperback-looking poster I like an awful lot.



Pat works for Signed By Force and No No Zero is greatly indebted to him for the wonderful work he did on our new CD - with the digipack and the booklet that fits inside the front card and the clean lines and the great tones and all.

Pat also has a really great blog called Six For Five ("an illustrated history of Jewish gangsters and schlammers in New York City from 1900 - 1941"), and is working on a book of the same name. Nice trousers too, apparently.

***

Next up is a very cool and kinky poster for the same show by none other than labelmate Starvin' Hungry frontman John Milchem.



This is kind of strange for me personally as I've known John for a long time, and even stayed at his place when The Exploders played Montreal years ago, but I did not realise he did these great line hand-drawn posters. His modesty extends to the internet unfortunately, and the best place to see more examples of his work are on the band MySpace pics page.

So - very cool posters indeed, both of them. I'm looking forward to playing Montreal in particular this time out, and to meeting everybody at our new label.

***

Similarly, the following week we play Thursday, March 13th at Call The Office in London, and again for this show there is no poster I'm presently aware of.

Two days later, we play a special matinée show at The Trash Palace cinema in Toronto. The Trash Palace is run by Stacey Case, and not only will he be playing that day with his brand-new band The Weirdies, but he also designed this beautiful silk-screened poster for the show. Read an extensive interview with Mr. Case here.



So that's all for now. The van will soon speed us across the land, and the band is prepared to make the crowd run scared.

1 comment:

Pat Hamou said...

Hi Pius
The black and white poster was designed by John Milchem of Starvin Hungry, while the other one was by me, Pat over at the label, who also put together the digipack layout for 'Rough Stuff'. We just wanted something a little 'flashy' and colorful for online purposes....

Cheers